This was our first year as a family to have Christmas with just us. I was a bit nervous about it, worried that we might feel lonely. But what a sweet time we had.

Andy kicked off Christmas Eve for us by allowing me to wrap him up in a Christmas bow. Doesn't he look thrilled?

Let me tell you something. The day of all three of my kids looking at the camera at the same time is over.

They came last year and then graced us with their beautiful presence/music again this year. I think this should be a Christmas Eve tradition...to practice music at our house before the service.

They love each other.

What did I tell you?
I tried to take a picture of the kids before the pageant, but this was the best I got. There were too many people there for my kids to stand still! Who wants to take a picture when there is socializing to be had?
Well, all but Josiah. He's his momma's child.

My favorite part was watching Josiah open his mouth WIDE to sing words he didn't know. His lips never touched.
And I loved watching Isaac sing so expressively. SO expressively.

Sweet evening

I sometimes see a picture like this and can't believe that this is me and that those are mine.
Christmas Morning!

Josiah and his art easel. He informs us that he won't become an artist, he already is an artist.

It's a toss up for Isaac. He's not sure if he wants to become a priest or a scientist. :)

Christmas morning cinnamon rolls.
Breakfast #1.
We eat like Hobbits around here.

I like sitting across from him.
Especially when our kids are fully entertaining themselves.

He has got the hang of it.

Lego's!

Josiah performed for almost every family member today. And enjoyed the spotlight.

Happy Birthday To You!

Olivia wanted to read her new book by her new lamp.

I made everyone hop up from the table so that I could remember what it looks like before clean-up.

We ended our dinner singing Christmas carols LOUDLY around the table. It was my favorite moment of the day.
Merry Christmas!!
Addis Ababa Time

14 comments:
Awe Merry Christmas Wrights! What a sweet day. Josiah and Lanie could do some great art together and Isaac in that picture at church looks WAY too old. Olivia, I love your new lamp, and what new book did you get?
What great pics! I love the boys in the pageant--they look so holy. And Isaac already looks like a scientist! Josiah, we LOVED your concert. I think it was the highlight of our day. Livie, you look BEAUTIFUL in your Cinderella dress! I look at photos like your family photo and think, "That was ME not so long ago." But I'm very satisfied that it's now you. We had a different Christmas also---but also sweet. I love you!!
I'm so glad your first Christmas with just your family was wonderful! I'm not sure I could do that just yet. Ike, it was so fun to hear about your new Legos and your microscope! Siah, Lala is SO, SO proud of how you play the piano! Liv, I LOVE your Cinderella dress. So beautiful! LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!
Amy - so glad ya'll had a memory-filled Christmas! We had three Christmas's by ourselves when we lived in Missouri a long time ago. It WAS hard. Aren't church families wonderful for those times? Cute, cute kiddo's and love that mr. andy!
p.s. it came up on Christmas day this year while we were talking about the dressing, that i remembered making my first and last batches of that in Missouri :) did you have the full blown turkey and dressing this year? of course, you probably cook big all the time.
As I looked at the pics again and saw the photo of Jay & his baby girl, I was reminded of his shock over discovering he was having a girl and almost passing out. He didn't think he could do this. Boy! Was he wrong.
Josiah is right! One of my favorite quotes:
"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." -Pablo Picasso
Glad you guys had a great Christmas!
I love that Josiah says he won't become an artist, he is one...that is so true! I love it. Those pictures are amazing!!! Glad you guys had a wonderful Christmas!!!
Tamra- Olivia was given a Beginner's Bible of just the Christmas story from a little friend. So cute.
Mom and Linds- We missed you guys. It sounds like a quiet Christmas there, too. Maybe y'all should come out here next year. :) :) :)
Tammy- We love our church family. And we didn't have turkey and dressing, but nothing too far off. We had chicken stuffed with spinach, pine nuts, feta and thyme. Also, rosemary sweet potatoes, couscous, rolls and salad. Oh, and brussel sprouts...but those were just for me. haha
Lissa and Sarah- You are both right! I'm trying my hardest to keep him an artist.
I just noticed that Jay is wearing his shirt. Hahaha!
Lindsey - I am ALWAYS wearing my shirt - you could say I'm "OVER" wearing it :)
Merry Christmas!! Looks like such a fun day. Your Christmas table is beautiful, Amy. And your children are precious. Great pictures (as always!) :)
I'm so glad you made some awesome memories as a family. I love that you make everything a memory. The pictures are great. I can't get over how big the kids are getting. LOVE Miss O's new lamp. SO cute. I miss you guys.
Post a Comment